Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Road to Recovery!

Ha! Blogging does work. “I feel much better now.”

That previous sentence always reminds me of a scene from Night Court – anyone remember that programme? With Harry Anderson as the judge? In one episode there was a guy who appeared before the judge, naked in a barrel. He was charged with wanting to go over some awfully high water structure in the barrel. It came out that he had apparently attempted Niagara Falls and survived. When everyone looked at him incredulously he gave a ‘deer in the headlights stare’ and said “But I feel much better now.”

So this is me, with my deer in the headlights stare saying I feel much better now.

Maybe one of the reasons is because I met the guy on the bike in leathers yesterday. I know, you probably all agree with The Viking now. He said if I was a man he would tell me I think with my… um, appendage. There was an interesting moment when I said something to the effect that someone else’s food is always nicer. Biker Guy replied “The same goes for another man’s girlfriend.”

Maybe one of the reasons was because I got a visit from the daughter-in-law of the man whose funeral I attended on Tuesday. It was good to hear that he went peacefully, before the pain of cancer could set in, and that the important people in his life had come to say their goodbyes and make peace with him.

Maybe another one of the reasons was because late last night I finally managed to lay the ghosts of the recent past to rest. The ones that have been haunting me for a long, long time.

So, The Katt is Back, with a little help from a bunch of special people! You guys know who you are. Now, to arrange a spin on a motorbike… as a passenger, of course. *wink*

Oh, it’s good to be me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to have you back babe..

2:26 pm  
Blogger Ginco said...

That's why people say blogging is a therapy - and it's free of charge!!
Good to see you back in the land of the living. :)

3:21 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

YAY!!! katt is back!

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home