Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Stranger than Fiction!

My mother, that is! What follows is a Supreme Pearl of Incredulity.

When Flyboy asked his Strange Employer yesterday if he could get an hour or two off to take me to the airport tomorrow his Strange Employer said in view of the fact that HE is going to the airport he will take me. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Okay, time to backtrack here. We have all met many people in our lives and although we don’t get along with everyone, it is rare that we actually come across someone we really dislike intensely (ex-wives/girlfriends and husbands/boyfriends excluded from this statement). However this man has managed to achieve the Really Dislike Intensely mark on my Popularity Meter in a very short time. In short, I would prefer to shoot myself in the toes, one by one, than spend more than two minutes in his company. Trust me, I am not alone here!

The reason for his sudden bout of altruism is a) he has a phobia about people going to town “unnecessarily” and b) like bloody hell is he going to give Flyboy time off. Slaves don’t get time off.

So, oh yay! I get to spend a full hour in a confined space with him. Well, considering the reward at the end of the journey, it does seem a small fee to pay.

Of course, my sad tale of woe was related to Maw telephonically last night and the conversation when something like this:
Katt: I am a bit miffed because one of the Strange Employers is insisting on taking me to the airport.
Maw: Why? You know, I really don’t trust this man’s intentions.
Katt: *slightly confused* What do you mean by that?
Maw: I think this man likes you a bit too much.

Huh? What? *Blood pressure through the roof* Not only is the thought is so positively vile, it is offensive!

All attempts to explain the reasons behind his offer were futile. Her replies were laced with her famous “I know better” tone. When Maw “knows better” nothing in this world can persuade her otherwise. She is also under the impression that I am this raving beauty and every man who walks past me wants to jump my bones. *Newsflash* Maw, it is only the men in your age group that look at me like that.

Even now, 12 hours later as I relate this tale my blood pressure is rising and the vein in my head is throbbing!

Can I trade her in for a more normal model, PLEASE?

6 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

See if you can convince him to become a Cayennetologist and give me all his money. The farm would be a bonus too, because I'm still shopping around for a compound to defend heavily.

1:50 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

Hmmm, your Mom could be right! Bet my Mom would say the same thing. ; )

On to more important things involving your trip to Kyk's place.

Forgive my selfish requests:
1. Have pic taken of you both (minus brown paper bags on head!)
2. Another pic of Kyk walking walking down the street, minus ponytail ... ya know, hair blowing in wind ... hmm, maybe back view to protect privacy. (please no paper bag)
3. Journal everything & blog when you are back, natch!
4. Most important ... have lotsa fun & don't drink the Kool-Aid!

Smoochez,
The Tart
; *

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna swap ??

mine buys my household appliances.. things i will never use !!! things like vacuum cleaners.. The boy uses them, I don't. When will she ever learn?

4:31 pm  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh Mothers don't come in a normal option.

When WILL you learn that?

*sighs*

ps...have a blast...still green.

5:01 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH... i can't believe its already time for you to go gallivanting with kyk! i have not yet recovered from the shock of you announcing you were going WITHOUT CHECKING IF IT WAS OKAY WITH ME FIRST!

hang on... kyk has a ponytail? tart- what do you know that i don't?

11:41 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Kyk: Are you encouraging my mother's delusions?

Shortypam: LOL Oh yes, yours also gives you grey hair!

The Tart: Your wish is my command!

Shutterjane: Wait until cook books get thrown in! It becomes insulting.

Geena: But I want a nice mommy!

Angel: Ooops! Angel, is it okay with you if I go gallivanting with Kyk?

9:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home