Tuesday, August 22, 2006

There Are Angels Among Us!

All right, time for an update!

I am going to Cape Town. My first birthday present arrived a week early. I am now in possession of a plane ticket.

After my disappointment became apparent, friends offered support, sympathy and a plane ticket to Cape Town.

When I got the details this morning confirming my flight on Thursday the only thing I could do for about 5 minutes was stare into space in stunned silence. This is one of the nicest things anyone has done for me. In fact, I am still stunned! I am finding it hard to believe that something so HUGE was done, for me!

We meet so many people and so few of them become friends. I am finding that I like this friendship thing. My only hope is that one day I will be able to repay these people in my life whom I have the honour of calling my friends for the things they do for me.

One recurring question that has come up is “How does Flyboy feel about this?” It’s a fair question in view of the fact that Flyboy has never met Kyk. The little information Flyboy does have about Kyk comes from what I have read to Flyboy from Kyk’s blog and of course, what I told Flyboy when I met with Kyk up in Gauteng. So yes, it is a fair question.

This is how it happened. Flyboy was supposed to go on a hunting trip this week. I asked him if he would have a problem if I went down to Cape Town while he went hunting and the reply was no. Unfortunately the hunting trip was cancelled but Flyboy graciously said I must still go to Cape Town.

So, after a night of anger and disappointment I realise I have many things to be grateful for. At the top of the list is the man in my life and the angels whom I have the privilege of calling my friends. Not because I have received an extravagant gift but because I have people in my life who care about me, no strings attached.

Maybe I spend too much time looking for happiness when it is right in front of me.

7 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Excellent. See? Good things do happen to good people. I'm just not sure if it's you or me. Hey - maybe it's both of us :-)

4:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with Kyk.. good things happen to good people..

I hope you know that i am a very fetching shade of green. Lovely

Will miss you online.

6:37 pm  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Ooh - just catching up...that was a very very very good vent last night girl. I am IMPRESSED. You had every right to be so angry.

But hey ho - it all came out in the wash..and lucky you can enjoy a bit of decent city living for a while. In Cape Town nogal!


I wanna come too!

*green and pouting*

10:11 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

I am so happy for you! Go have a fantastic time.
You will be in such great company, natch!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

1:07 am  
Blogger SwissTwist said...

You lucky fish! Hugs to your angels...

Hope you have a blast!

9:25 am  
Blogger Katt said...

Kyk: Hm, I don't know if you are lucky because I tend to sharpen my claws on furniture but I definitely consider myself a very lucky girl.

Shutterjane: You will be with me in spirit. :-) Going to miss you online too.

Geena: Thanks girl. I am glad someone was impressed because I think everyone else ran for the hills. You want to come to? Well, get your butt down here.

The Tart: Thanks. Looking forward to the company. :-)

SwissTwist: They are kind of sweet, aren't they.

9:36 am  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Maybe I spend too much time looking for happiness when it is right in front of me.

Wisdom indeed. Have a wonderful trip!

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home