Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday Night Blues!

Try as hard as you can to imagine this. Flyboy blowing on a duck caller, in competition with Houndus Maximus squishing his squeaky toy to get maximum volume out of it. Beethoven’s 9th it is not!

It’s Saturday night, 18:17 at the time of writing this. And there is honestly not much to blog about. Other than the fact that the people in the Eastern Cape have no bloody manners. Okay, I am generalising here. Buddess, please don’t get upset. I will explain my statement later though.

I’m sure we have all noticed the latest spate of Really Cold Weather. And I have discovered the reason for this. In the past I have always said to Flyboy that this house will be fenced when hell freezes over. Well, folks, don’t pack away your winter woollies, ever! We are finally getting a fence around our house. It has only taken the Strange Employers two years to get around to it. Ain’t they sweet?

Oh, another totally non-blogworthy snippet, we might have finally found the problem with Metallica. Remember a while back I mentioned the computer box? Well, I have since learnt that it was impossible to fix the problem because you can’t get replacement computer boxes for these models anymore? Well, Flyboy ripped out the computer box (yes, I mean ripped - there is a broken panel in the garage which could be tendered as evidence of ripping) and found the offending little solder joint on the circuit board. We are going to test drive her tonight by opening up her nostrils on the way that lekker little restaurant I blogged about a short while back too.

Okay, so what is my gripe with the lack of manners in the Eastern Cape? Well, let’s start at the beginning...

SwissMix becomes an inhabitant of this household about two nights a week, it’s a regular thing. And on Thursday he was present when the offending little solder joint was discovered. He suggested that we take Metallica for a test drive to The Restaurant. Great plan! However when we said okay, let’s go and get into our glad rags, SwissMix hummed and hah’ed because he didn’t have what he would consider appropriate glad rags here on the farm. He went further to suggest that we postpone the test drive and scoffing session to Saturday night, tonight as it were.

Well, Flyboy and I have been sitting patiently waiting for his impending arrival so that we can go and take the race horse for her leg stretch. Flyboy ‘phoned SwissMix about an hour ago to ask how far he is. The reply: Just watching the game quickly and then he will be on his way. When Flyboy put down the ‘phone and related the tale I said to him that we will receive a call from SwissMix in about half an hour, informing us he won’t make it.

To cut a long story short, I should have been a psychologist! SwissMix "ran into a couple of buddies in the bar" where he was watching that game and would we mind if he didn’t come through? Of course, Flyboy and I both being polite Virgos said no, not a problem.

But honestly, rotten style, dude! We postpone our plans to accommodate you and you don’t even have the decency to pitch!

As I said previously, not much to blog about but I am doing this in response to pressure from Geena, refer to her last comment on previous post.

Time to get into those glad rags. I feel a bit of carbon burning coming on!

5 Comments:

Blogger TheTart said...

"Carbon burning" lol! Who is the SwissMix? More details please. Ya know if he were a colour or a tree ... what would he be?

BTW your posts are always great. You should write a book "Life on the Farm!"

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

2:58 pm  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Oh well about time - and blogging about nothing is always funnier for the reader...

But honestly - the cheek of the bloke. Next time you invite him over, just disappear mysteriously half an hour before he's due to arrive...you can be rude too, you know. You're allowed. I said so.

8:10 pm  
Blogger kyknoord said...

Sounds like someone else needs a wedgie.

8:22 am  
Blogger Katt said...

The Tart: SwissMix is a friend of ours, half South African, half Swiss. A tree... hm, good question. An oak, with shallow roots.

Geena: Hm, I will definitely remember that.

Kyk: Puleeez come and give him one. :-) This I have to see!

5:08 pm  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Not upset at all!! I find that in general born Eastern Capies are the nice people. It is the outsiders who are the horrid ones. They come from all over to come and live amongst the friendlies and slowly but surely they corrupt us!!!! I have a houseguest at the moment and I will have to blog about that!!!

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home