Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Chronicles of Cayennetology Volume IV

Day 3
On Sunday morning my nerves were shattered and my psych was further destroyed. Kyk turned me into a quivering wreck!

You see, it went something like this.

After blearily opening my eyes and being Sunday morning and all, a bit of a lie in snuggled up with my book seemed like a good idea. Judging by the sounds down the passage, Kyk was busy pottering in the kitchen. Then came the knock on the door and enter Kyk, bearing coffee. Of course, being a coffee addict the first thing I focused on was the enticing beverage. So I gazed upon his countenance to thank him for the kind gift of wake-up juice and … AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! He had those awful teeth in again. The only course of action was to dive under the covers and beg him to take them out, which he “kindly” did and left the room sniggering.

Needless to say after that I was awake and in much need of a cigarette to calm my shattered nerves.

Somehow I made the mistake of mentioning Scrabble to Kyk and how much I enjoyed it. So we agreed, Scrabble it is! Here’s a tip! Only play Scrabble with Kyk if you are prepared to lose, badly. This man plonked down words using all 7 letters… how many times was it, Kyk? Three times? Four times? Needless to say my score looked dismal. But I can’t remember ever having laughed so much when playing Scrabble. We figured out Redneck Scrabble which would probably have lots of tiles with apostrophes on them. Oh, you know, for words like bleedin’, rollin’ and ain’t. And one day we will have to have a go at Song Scrabble. In other words, every time you put down a word you have to sing a song that has that word in it.

Oh, another tip! Never take a sip of whatever you are drinking just before Kyk says something. You will start laughing and end up snorting the contents of your gob through your nostrils. Trust me on this, I am speaking from experience.

At some stage I strapped Kyk to a chair and forced him to look at my Life on the Farm photo’s. Fortunately someone now understands my pain although he did laugh a lot.

We listened to music, we even played Noot vir Noot a la Baroque Beatles style. And we watched South Park, specifically the episode entitled Mr Hankey, the Christmas Poo. And South Park, The Movie. Did I get it? Um, in places yes.

And we talked, about music, about relationships, about goals and ambitions, about movies. About Life, the Universe and Everything. And never really came to any conclusions other than we had a good time together.

Further proof that Kyk is a nice guy…

On Monday morning Kyk left early to go to work. When I finally stumbled into the kitchen to make my early morning caffeine fix, Kyk had put out all the necessary bits and pieces. All that was required was for me to boil the kettle and add hot water.

It’s the little things in life that really do count. And Kyk, you have mastered the attention to detail.

I miss you, my friend. But I know there will be other times in the future.

Um, by the way, when they do happen can you leave those bloody teeth out of it?

5 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

okay.
that does it.
i'm now a very dark shade of khaki AND i'm giggling my arse off!
i'm so glad you had such a jol, and thanx for the info so i could live vicariously through you...

11:21 pm  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

I'm with Angel. Maybe a shade darker!!! I am grinning from ear to ear and thank you for sharing this with us your faithful followers!!! I still would love to see those teeth!! Kyk, can you post a pic of the teeth?

12:05 pm  
Blogger SwissTwist said...

oh, to have been a fly on the wall.

*hugs*

3:29 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Angel: It's a pleasure, sweetie! I am glad I could convey some of the fun.

Buddess: Trust me on this, you DON'T want to see those teeth. Unless you have lots of money to go for shock therapy afterwards.

Cookie Monster: Actually, not great at all. They are SCARY!

SwissTwist: You would have fallen off the wall laughing too much.

4:50 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

Those teeth must be funky! So glad you got there & both has so much fun. Life is good, natch.

Big smooch to you & your toothy host Kyk,
The Tart
; *

Ps. You should be a writer. These posts have been great to read ... just like a book! Maybe Kyk can be your ongoing "Muse!"

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home