Friday, August 04, 2006

Side Effects?

Okay, it’s happened. I am losing my mind! I don’t know if it is cabin fever or water on the brain but something is wrong. I think I’ve turned into a romantic or… a… a what? Oh wait, I’ve always been a romantic. Which leaves the other option… I’m a what.

Here I am doing something innocent like sitting behind my PC, fiddling with this and fiddling with that. And another blast of rain hits from the west. And then I find myself staring at the driving rain and suddenly I am not here anymore.

I am in a lounge, with a big fireplace. And the walls are made of stone. And there is a fire in the fireplace, crackling friendly-like and warm. And I have a glass of Shiraz in my hand. There is a gorgeous man in the room, making me laugh and hanging on my every word when I talk.

When did I start associating bad weather with a fireplace, red wine and… well… stuff. It’s not like this event actually ever happened in my life.

And it is not like it is happening now! It is pouring with rain, instead of indulging in charming male company, a warm possie in front of a crackling fire with a big glass of red wine in my hand, I am ferrying armfuls of wet towels to the washing machine and back to the window sill.

Hm… imagine! Hm… oh no, the washing machine has just finished its spin cycle. I so don’t want to be here!

Am I losing my grip on reality because of this weather?

9 Comments:

Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Aaah - KitKat - you've clearly entered the Twilight Zone. Surreal place that....try and enjoy....she says, inhaling from an endless supply of ciggies (sorry :o(....)

Hope you don't wash away - thinking of you.

1:55 pm  
Blogger kyknoord said...

Probably not. Reality is pretty slippery to begin with.

2:48 pm  
Blogger TheTart said...

Stay right there! Does he have a friend?

I will bring the raspberries & brie ... ; )

Smooch,
The Tart
; )

8:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds pretty cool to me .. could think of a lot worse places. Have fun!

6:43 am  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaaah... a classic daydream! how boring would life be if not for those doll!

11:45 pm  
Blogger Ginco said...

Hmmm, Romantic hallucinations!
Absolutely nothing wrong with
that, but, dream on girl, you
never know....!

5:41 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Geena: The Twighlight Zone, yes, let's blame it on the Twilight Zone.

Kyk: You've got that right, so is the mud around here!

ShortyPam: So what you are saying is by losing my mind I am actually keeping it. Hm, I'm confused!

TwoFlower: Hee hee! I am actually not fussy, it's either Shiraz or Merlot on the top of my list.

The Tart: Oh goodie! Sure my fantasy can conjure up a friend. :-)

Dawn: The only problem is reality keeps butting in.

Angel: Again, so this is normal?

GincoLeaves: Hm, here's hoping, hey!

9:19 am  
Blogger Framesby 86 said...

Strange, but that is exactly what we were talking about on Wednesday evening when we didn't have power. A nice warm fire and red wine and good company. I had the right company but the other things weren't there. If it weren't for daydreams life would be pretty boring don't you think???

10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...you know what they say about washing machines in a spin cycle....

10:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home